Friday, October 24, 2008

Finally, a health plan that makes SENSE!!

I have just finished reading in detail the Obama/Biden health plan... and what do you know - it makes SENSE!! Finally, self employed individuals, such as Realtors, will have access to health coverage at a decent price... and here's the best part! Insurance companies will NO LONGER BE ALLOWED to exclude people for pre-existing conditions!!!

This is issue #1 to me this time around... It has gotten absolutely outrageous! I am a 26 year old, very healthy, active, non-smoking female, who can NOT get health insurance coverage because of a small spot of Melanoma that I had removed from my back over 3 years ago. It's considered an "uninsurable condition", and I've been declined numberous times.

My ONLY option in the state of Utah is a state insurance pool called HIPUTAH. They have to accept anyone, but they are still allowed to exclude coverage for a period of time on whatever the "pre-existing" condition is/was. And for me, a single, 26 year old, non smoker, coverage is a WHOPPING $400 PER MONTH, for CRAPPY coverage. I mean crappy, it has high deductibles (you can opt for lower ones, but a LOT more $$), it does not cover chiropractic, and physical therapy, and does not cover most preventative treatments.

It is absolutey outrageous that the United States is still the only civilized nation that does not provide health care for all of it's citizens. This plan is definitely a huge step in the right direction!

For more information, and to download a full pdf of the Obama/Biden health plan, visit http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

Yes... "that one" definitely has my vote!

No comments: